Solved! Noise from headphone when using mic extender

Mar 4, 2022
I have a TRRS headphone and i bought a splitter to connect it to the PC but the cable was not long enough so i bought a TRS extender (realized that after) and it didn't work so i come up with an idea to connect the stereo output of the splitter to my audio interface(doesn't have a mic input) and the mic output to PC through the extender cable and when i connect the mic it works fine but there is a noise coming from headphone only when i connect the mic. Can you help me with this?

Solution
I have a TRRS headphone and i bought a splitter to connect it to the PC but the cable was not long enough so i bought a TRS extender (realized that after) and it didn't work so i come up with an idea to connect the stereo output of the splitter to my audio interface(doesn't have a mic input) and the mic output to PC through the extender cable and when i connect the mic it works fine but there is a noise coming from headphone only when i connect the mic. Can you help me with this?

The noise is from a grounding loop issue when you split the cables to two separate devices using the splitter.
Mar 7, 2022
I too have had problems like this, and it is usually the extra wire that is bad / worn out. It might also just be the headset, but I have no good answer for you sorry

The noise is from a grounding loop issue when you split the cables to two separate devices using the splitter.

Solution