Nokia E61i, Blackberry, Treo, O2 xDA Zinc?

erick_p

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2007
Hi,

Wanted to get opinions on decent PDAs or smart phones. I want very reliable email and Internet (from my own domain) and Qwerty keyboard. Radio would be good, although music and mp3s etc are not a priority to me.

Would love thoughts from people who have experienced one or more of these. I've heard Windows Mobile OS for instance is not very stable?

onestar

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2007
Hmmmm, it seems you have left the Ipaq 6945 out of your consideration. That would seem to be an oversight.

longchaco

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2007
I have a Blackberry 7290. Recently, it has begun popping up a message that reads "Uncaught exception: path must contain a slash". Googleing for this phrase returns zero results, and I am kind of at a loss as to what to do.

At the suggestion of another post (which this forum software is refusing to allow me to link ) I put the Cable and Wireless version of Blackberry OS 4.1 on the device. Since then, this message has repeatedly come up. The exact version is 4.10.256 (Platform 1.8.0.143). The C&W version was supposed to resolve errors I was getting about "Null pointer exception", which it did.

This error appears seemingly at random. I powered the device on, left it untouched for 15 minutes, and came back to see it on the screen. If I click OK repeatedly, it eventually goes away for a few minutes.

Has anyone ever heard of this error? Any ideas what I can do to resolve it?. Which was trigging the Null Pointer exception mentioned above. Some help would really be appreciated!