Nokia Nails It with Affordable Smartphones

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]hotsacoman[/nom]We should get rid of cell phones and go back to land lines. Or perhaps two metal cans and a piece of string.[/citation]

Why stop there, let's just get rid of it altogether and go back to a shouting match lol

feeddagoat

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
[citation][nom]Abrahm[/nom]The expensive part isn't the phone, it's the data plan. You can get a Droid Eris for free with a data plan. So if you can afford the data plan I don't see the point in a cheap smart phone.[/citation]

Cause most companies over here use a good phone to get you a data plan you don't need. You can get great data plans for £15 (unlimited internet and 300 texts and mins) but to get a decent phone with that your look at £30+ contracts. Unless I pay £350+ for say the N900 Im looking at a £30 a month contract of 1000mins unlimited texts and internet im not gonna use. The phone is by far the expensive part here.

cj_online

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2008
I really haven't been following Nokia's new phones and updated Symbian OS... im using the N95-4 currently (yea it's old..) and was wondering how much the OS and phones have improved ... if at all.

G

I've been using Nokia phones since 1996. Every Motorolla my job gives me is a piece of ****. I still have to use them, but for my bonus money... I need the pictures from my e71x

alyoshka

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
Cool, so now the average man can afford a piece of the big golden pie too..... good work and it's high time nokia started catering with the right stuff for the poor man..... good work

Status
Not open for further replies.