Non touch screen replacing touch screen?

Quin__

Commendable
Jun 13, 2016
I have a dell laptop without a touchscreen and a toshiba laptop with a touchscreen. The toshiba has a large crack in the glass part of the screen. If I were to take the screen out of the dell, could I use it to replace the toshiba screen. I'm aware the touchscreen wouldn't work. I just don't want a cracked screen.

Solution
Hi,

There's factors to consider in using a different LCD with a laptop. The pins of the LCD cable should be the same with the other laptop if they are not that means it will not work. Also given the factor that it's a touch screen and the other is non touch screen that means it will not work. What I can suggest is using an external monitor for the mean time. You can disconnect the LCD cable that connects the LCD to the motherboard then connect the external monitor and it should work as the default monitor.
Hi,

There's factors to consider in using a different LCD with a laptop. The pins of the LCD cable should be the same with the other laptop if they are not that means it will not work. Also given the factor that it's a touch screen and the other is non touch screen that means it will not work. What I can suggest is using an external monitor for the mean time. You can disconnect the LCD cable that connects the LCD to the motherboard then connect the external monitor and it should work as the default monitor.

Solution

jemiNii

Commendable
Nov 26, 2016
Are you asking because you assume it will be expensive ..... my replacement glass for my touchscreen Toshiba is $89.
You should be able to get someone to replace the screen and get the part for you for $200 or less ....