North Korea Launches Cyber War Unit

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Parrdacc

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
I would not put it past them to try. As for their technology and know how that begs question. However they do have nuclear capabilities so I guess it is possiable. Not to discredit them, ok well maybe a little, I do not think they are going to be as well versed as "hackers" from other countries.

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Could be propoganda, but this is a SK news agency not Fox news.

Anyway I'd put my money on our geeks over theirs, or the S Koreans if they'd stop playing WoW for 15 minutes.

G

This comes from Sout Korea's news agency and not MSNBC or CNN but it still may be propaganda.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]truehighroller[/nom]We just got our shiat hacked the other week man. They are saying it came from China (the hackers).[/citation]

That was a contracter, not the US government that got hacked. Learn facts before speaking.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]diewabbit[/nom]IMHO this is gov't propaganda to further the internet "kill-switch" bill.[/citation]

Sigh, another fricken idiot who needs to learn facts. The "internet kill-switch" is only for financial and government buildings, you can not shut down the entire internet. Ironically enough, that was DARPA's goal when designing it. FYI, DARPA is the US government.

Really, take off that tin foil hat.

the_one111

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008
[citation][nom]randomizer[/nom]Never doubt the stupidity of humans. That would be stupid.[/citation]
haha, win comment randomizer.

G

lol tin foil doesn't protect you from microwave radiation and similar effects. you should use trash bags, its what the space shuttles use...

Status
Not open for further replies.