Norton Reveals the Riskiest Cities for Cybercrime

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]killmenow[/nom]What about the rest of the world, the US is only one small part of it.[/citation]

There are parts of the world OUTSIDE of the US????

dieselsilvia

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2010
How great it is to see my hometown of Detroit rated "safe" on a list. I hope this will have a positive impact on internet tourism and showcase our safe online community's. This article also displays a perceivable correlation between cyber crime and Starbucks, something im sure most have presumed already.

ms1191

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009
I want to know the criteria for the list also. Like what is the ratio of computers to people for each city.

Think its any coincidence that the most riskiest city is also where Microsoft is based? (technically Redmond, but Redmond is basically a suburb of Seattle).

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
I'm afraid to go out in my neighbourhood at night with even a wallet in my pocket, never mind a $1000 laptop.
On the other hand though, screw off Norton.

conanstwin

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2010
Only time I ever had my credit card information stolen was when I was visiting Seattle. Don't know how it happened either.

Status
Not open for further replies.