NSA, GCHQ Caught Spying on Online Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgingeri

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
This is funny, since in WoW you could just go off to some out of the way place and just use say or join a channel, or even just use whispers to have a secure conversation. WoW traffic is encrypted to keep people from hacking the game. (Back in the early days, there was some sort of hack that gave rogues permanent sprint and 100% crit by hacking the traffic stream. Blizzard started encrypting the traffic at that point.) Spies within WoW would be almost useless.

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
man i wish my previous pc's hdd hadn't crashed, they said they were going to do this back in 2003 right before they invaded iraq. wouldn't surprise me if the nsa had been doing this since 1995 when clinton enacted all the backdoor policy laws at the request of mr 'i invented the internet' VPOTUS Gore senate president right before the big GPS and DMCA push.

softfish

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2009
Oh crap, i guess i'm a target now. After putting c4 on my buggy in Battlefield and yelling Allah Akbar before ramming it into a tank..

internetlad

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
"The warheads are prepped and ready for delivery, here is our agent's Friend Code, trade him a clefairy in Pokemon Y to let him know the deal is on."

clonazepam

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2010
You are all welcome to come join me on Everquest lol... looking for a few good monks, wizards, mages, paladins, rangers, shamans, enchanters, and berserkers!

Yes, EQ1 because the community is much more mature.

Status
Not open for further replies.