Number of problems with my Toshiba Satellite

windowander

Prominent
Jun 17, 2017
Hello, let me start by saying that this is my first post on this website and I apologize if I have done anything wrong, like posting this in the wrong place.

Okay, so two weeks ago, my Toshiba Satellite C55D-B3510 was running perfectly fine. Everything worked normally and nothing was wrong. Until around the 29th of May. On that day, I had unplugged my laptop from it's charger and unscrewed the bottom (which involved taking off the main battery). My intentions were to find out the model of the graphics card (which proved somewhat unsuccessful). I sat staring at it for about 20 minutes, using a flashlight to look at it. I did not touch anything. After inspecting it, I had put the battery back in and screwed the bottom back on, and proceeded to plug it back in the charger. I turned my laptop back on. To my dismay and confusion, it booted to a black screen with the white words "Reboot and select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key." After searching it up a little, I pressed F2 and F12 at the logo screen (not at the same time) and it brought me to this, respectively:

http://imgur.com/a/mOewm

(On the first one, I had set the date to the correct one right after taking the picture.)
This is where my explanation of what had happened comes short. I have not touched my laptop since then and it has been plugged in since then as well.
I really have no idea what to do here, because I am not good with tech at all. I just hope someone has an answer that will fix my computer without deleting/erasing all of the precious data and files on my hard drive. If you need more information on the specs on my computer I will be happy to provide it.
Thank you in advance.

Solution
remove power cord and battery. remove hard drive cover. remove hard drive and put
hard drive back in(reseat the pins). replace cover. replace battery and cord.
power up. if no results, remove cord and battery, and press and hold power button
for 30 seconds (this will reset all the bios settings and you will have to re-enter the
date and time). see if it will stat with cord only. post back.

windowander

Prominent
Jun 17, 2017

Ahh, what do you recommend I do? I assume that I should unscrew the bottom again and double check it, but I'm a little puzzled as to how it did that, considering I didn't touch or move anything. I also forgot to mention that when I originally screwed the bottom back on, my computer had said that the "RTC battery is low." I think removing the main battery had reset the date and time.

windowander

Prominent
Jun 17, 2017

Unfortunately, this isn't doing anything. :( Only F2 and F12 send me to a screen other than the black one with white text.

windowander

Prominent
Jun 17, 2017

Ah, sadly, both of these links don't help, either. When I turn my laptop on using the power button, it just goes to the "reboot and select proper boot device" screen. And when it went to that, I tried pressing and holding shift to shut it down. No luck. Also, turns out it's not F2 that sends me to the Toshiba Utility Service screen, it's F1.
You've looked at the image link I sent in the original post, right? Those are the only two screens I can seem to go to. : (
(also I apologize for the very long seeming replies and if I seem rude in any of them, I'm grateful for your help)

mauxie

Honorable
Dec 19, 2013
remove power cord and battery. remove hard drive cover. remove hard drive and put
hard drive back in(reseat the pins). replace cover. replace battery and cord.
power up. if no results, remove cord and battery, and press and hold power button
for 30 seconds (this will reset all the bios settings and you will have to re-enter the
date and time). see if it will stat with cord only. post back.

Solution