Nv53 gateway confirm screen bad?

seger

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2011
Hello,

If the screen on my NV53 Gateway laptop doesn't turn on, is there any way to confirm that it's really the screen that's bad as opposed to somehting else? I'm trying to reduce my risk before ordering a new screen. I'm concerned about ordering a new screen, and the computer still not working and not being able to return the screen.

AntiZig

Distinguished
connect an external monitor, if external works, it's the laptop screen. If external doesn't work it's motherboard/gpu.

if you determine that it's the laptop screen, and you go with ordering a new screen do consider what that new screen comes with. Because your problem could be a bad backlight or inverter, both of which are cheaper than the whole new LCD panel.

lordtrem

Estimable
Jul 21, 2014
I have the same problem, worked great the night before. Turned my gateway NV53 off the next day it seems to start except the screen stays black, It`s most likely not the screen. there is a sensor/switch that tells the computer that the lid is open or closed. In my case I`m gonna go witht he sensor/switch is stuck in the closed lid position and if I can find the damn this I`d either replace it or most like bypass or remove it as I never just close my lid putting it into standby, I just power down until I`m ready to use it again.