Nvidia GeForce bug?

DrakoLegacy

Estimable
Feb 4, 2016
When I launched my computer a few weeks ago and loaded up Rainbow Six: Siege through Nvidia's Geforce experience i was extremely satisfied with the power of the driver i downloaded. However recently something happened and my laptop automatically uninstalled the driver through my adapters menu. I was confused but i decided it was a bug, so i go to reinstall Geforce and it says i no longer have an Nvidia GPU when the day before it was working just fine. I have not updated or downloaded any viruses or anything that could compromise the state of my GPU but it seems that it auto reverted back to the integrated Intel one. And i have tried it all, uninstalling and reinstalling ALL nvidia components and to no avail.

TL;DR Had Nvidia Geforce + drivers installed and i go to bed. Next morning computer auto uninstalled drivers and apparently GPU and i can no longer install Geforce as a result.

Solution
Very interesting problem. First thing I would try is a system restore; hopefully your restore service has been on for your laptop. Open the System Restore menu and you will be presented with a calendar (assuming restore points are available). Select a day when the GPU was working correctly and try to restore to that date.

Also, it's normal for it to fail out the first couple of times. Keep trying on various times/days, it will eventually go through.

Give that a shot and let us know.

thejackal85

Estimable
Jan 18, 2016
Very interesting problem. First thing I would try is a system restore; hopefully your restore service has been on for your laptop. Open the System Restore menu and you will be presented with a calendar (assuming restore points are available). Select a day when the GPU was working correctly and try to restore to that date.

Also, it's normal for it to fail out the first couple of times. Keep trying on various times/days, it will eventually go through.

Give that a shot and let us know.

Solution