NYT, WSJ Say They're Targets of Chinese Hackers

Status
Not open for further replies.

KelvinTy

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2011
I wonder if US hackers hack around other nations' network, would it ever make it to the news...
Or even Russian hacker groups...
There are a lot of hackers in the world, why point the finger at China and China only?
Not that I like China, but dirty politics is dirty, you want to get stuffs passthrough, you start a fire to lit the community up...

Gundam288

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
[citation][nom]fnh[/nom]Nah, the Chinese hackers were more interested in this from WSJ:http://www.tomshardware.com/news/P [...] 20841.html[/citation]
Oh man, reminds me of the old rumor that the Chinese were stealing PS2s off the boats for the chips. Some people were saying that they could guide missiles and that's why the Chinese wanted them.

curnel_D

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
[citation][nom]KelvinTy[/nom]I wonder if US hackers hack around other nations' network, would it ever make it to the news...Or even Russian hacker groups...There are a lot of hackers in the world, why point the finger at China and China only?Not that I like China, but dirty politics is dirty, you want to get stuffs passthrough, you start a fire to lit the community up...[/citation]
Sure, there are Russian hackers, US hackers, etc. But China is the only one blatantly attacking our civilian sites for no other reason than hopeful censorship and bad press, while acting like a 7 year old caught with their hand in the cookie jar. (Nu-uh. I didn't do it, that wasn't me *hand still in the jar*)

10tacle

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008
[citation][nom]curnel_D[/nom]But China is the only one blatantly attacking our civilian sites for no other reason than hopeful censorship and bad press[/citation]

Thank you for an intelligent and factual rebuttal that goes to the root of the issue here: Chinese censorship. They might be able to control their own media and misinformation, but we will be damned in the West if they ever attempt it with ours. To hell with China.

G

funny you say "guide missiles" there a bit in the terms and condtions about not using for that. i read it in when i was bored looking through the small print that came with my ps2

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
with in days, also the FBI was the one who traced the sources back to 2 providences in china one which happened to be the same military complex in china that hacked lockheed and downloaded their stealth tech

Status
Not open for further replies.