Obama's Super Secure Blackberry Nearly Ready

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rooseveltdon

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2009
[citation][nom]kamkal[/nom]I wonder if Xzibit came to the White House and dissed Obama's regular BlackBerry first?[/citation]
i find it funny that racist people hide behind these facades to display their prejudice if he was white or indian you probably wouldn't have thought of the xzibit joke goes to show how some people really are

rooseveltdon

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2009
[citation][nom]techtre2003[/nom]Wonder how much it cost the taxpayers for the President to have his precious Blackberry?[/citation]
dude do you really want to go into the nitty gritty of how the bush administration spent america's money? last time i checked we got into this mess because of republican ideology "tax less and spend more"

G

He said he was not going to use this for sensitive communications and he wanted to keep the Blackberry for normal communications. Kind of odd now that it has to be made secure for what he said are non-sensitive communications. There should be nothing that needs this level of encryption communicated over a blackberry.

And to the person who said it already is developed... why is it "in the final stages of development by the NSA"?

This is just ridiculous - many wondered if he was the going to be the president as the person he campaigned as, or as the person who's record was one of the most liberal in the Senate (I think 3rd?). Question answered - solution to everything is spending and rhetoric.

elbert

Distinguished
[citation][nom]rooseveltdon[/nom]dude do you really want to go into the nitty gritty of how the bush administration spent america's money? last time i checked we got into this mess because of republican ideology "tax less and spend more"[/citation]
You may want to check the time before last. Most of the problem stems from gore in a temple with china diplomat's getting campaign donations. Clinton won and most of the business's started outsourcing in the mid 90's. I wonder why most of the outsourcing went to china! ;) I wonder why China is now an economic power! ;)
OPEC started cutting barrels of oil over a year before bush took office. Gas went from under a $1 to over $2 before bush took office.

I'm not pro bush but anti stupid government.

rooseveltdon

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2009
[citation][nom]elbert[/nom]You may want to check the time before last. Most of the problem stems from gore in a temple with china diplomat's getting campaign donations. Clinton won and most of the business's started outsourcing in the mid 90's. I wonder why most of the outsourcing went to china! I wonder why China is now an economic power! OPEC started cutting barrels of oil over a year before bush took office. Gas went from under a $1 to over $2 before bush took office. I'm not pro bush but anti stupid government.[/citation]

riiiiight...and maybe clinton and gore also had secret dealings with emperor palpatine and darth vader and plan on using america's money to fund an ultra liberal space ship over san francisco lol dude look at the facts at hand not some conspiracy theory the bush administration mishandled so many things and got us into an unnecessary war with the wrong country you think i care about clinton talking to some chinese dude? bush was best friends with the saudis too u know?? lol like i said a racist person would use any excuse to justify their prejudice.

elbert

Distinguished
[citation][nom]rooseveltdon[/nom]riiiiight...and maybe clinton and gore also had secret dealings with emperor palpatine and darth vader and plan on using america's money to fund an ultra liberal space ship over san francisco lol dude look at the facts at hand not some conspiracy theory the bush administration mishandled so many things and got us into an unnecessary war with the wrong country you think i care about clinton talking to some chinese dude? bush was best friends with the saudis too u know?? lol like i said a racist person would use any excuse to justify their prejudice.[/citation]
Everything I stated was fact other than maybe I should have said trying to get donations. The only question is did he receive donations? On the flip side we have little down side to being friends with the saudi's because they have what we need. China needs our market to sale their goods.

A profiler trys aimlessly to justify them self by call others racist. Which is worse the racist or the profiler?

touchdowntexas13

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
[citation][nom]rooseveltdon[/nom]dude do you really want to go into the nitty gritty of how the bush administration spent america's money? last time i checked we got into this mess because of republican ideology "tax less and spend more"[/citation]

Last time i checked, Bill Clinton admitted that the Democratic Party has more than its fair share in this economic mess. In fact he said the democrats were resisting efforts by the republicans to do something about the problems associated with Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. Ever heard of them?

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2008/09/25/fox-news-blames-democrats-financial-crisis-bill-clinton-agrees

I see that you are blaming the Republican ideology of taxing less. So can you explain to me how putting more money into the government's hands would have stopped this problem from happening? How is letting the government throw around trillions of dollars going to solve our problems, especially when people that made mistakes are getting bailed out. You see, by bailing those people out, they don't learn anything from their mistakes, because they did not have to endure any loss. This is what most people's parents tried to teach their children while growing up. You have to be punished for your mistakes so that you are less likely to make them again in the future.

And who started all of these mistakes? Who brought about people buying houses that they couldn't afford? Well the foundation was set with Jimmy Carter. He created the CRA (Community Reinvestment Act). Bill Clinton strengthened it. He made revisions to substantially increase the number and amount of loans to low and moderate income people. You can google Clinton's input into the CRA, but it comes down to eliminating the qualities a bank looks for (good credit, good savings history, income) when handing out a loan. Instead, banks were told that taking part in a "credit counseling program" qualified someone for a loan. George Bush tried to offer a solution to this failing program, but he was blocked by Democrats, and i am sure a few republicans as well.

So what happens after that? Well anyone and everyone can get a loan now and buy their hearts desire. Then they end up not being able to make payments. Then the government wants to help all of those people out. How do they do that? They take (tax) from the people that saved instead of spent, and then give it away to all of the people and corporations that simply bit off more than they could chew.

I do not find George Bush perfect in any way. Nor do i think that his presidency was ran quite like it should have been. There are both Republicans and Democrats responsible for this mess. But if you want to start pointing fingers, i suggest you try and point them back a little farther along the time line.

kingssman

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2006
Lets see, how about we do this back in the old days where we would use a sticky note or a sealed envelope with a stamp on it. Better yet, make all presidential communication word of mouth.. Yea those methods were far more efficient and secure.

I'm actually surprised this presidential blackberry wasn't around long before. Hey Russia called, Iran is launching nukes, how did previous administrations get the message? OH yea, one of the SS guys had either a cell phone or a text message. Perhaps if Bush carried a blackberry, it would have probably rang when the towers were being hit rather than waiting for the message to go down the chain of command to a SS guy and then whispered in Bush's ear.

rooseveltdon

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2009
[citation][nom]touchdowntexas13[/nom]Last time i checked, Bill Clinton admitted that the Democratic Party has more than its fair share in this economic mess. In fact he said the democrats were resisting efforts by the republicans to do something about the problems associated with Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. Ever heard of them?http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel- [...] ton-agreesI see that you are blaming the Republican ideology of taxing less. So can you explain to me how putting more money into the government's hands would have stopped this problem from happening? How is letting the government throw around trillions of dollars going to solve our problems, especially when people that made mistakes are getting bailed out. You see, by bailing those people out, they don't learn anything from their mistakes, because they did not have to endure any loss. This is what most people's parents tried to teach their children while growing up. You have to be punished for your mistakes so that you are less likely to make them again in the future.And who started all of these mistakes? Who brought about people buying houses that they couldn't afford? Well the foundation was set with Jimmy Carter. He created the CRA (Community Reinvestment Act). Bill Clinton strengthened it. He made revisions to substantially increase the number and amount of loans to low and moderate income people. You can google Clinton's input into the CRA, but it comes down to eliminating the qualities a bank looks for (good credit, good savings history, income) when handing out a loan. Instead, banks were told that taking part in a "credit counseling program" qualified someone for a loan. George Bush tried to offer a solution to this failing program, but he was blocked by Democrats, and i am sure a few republicans as well.So what happens after that? Well anyone and everyone can get a loan now and buy their hearts desire. Then they end up not being able to make payments. Then the government wants to help all of those people out. How do they do that? They take (tax) from the people that saved instead of spent, and then give it away to all of the people and corporations that simply bit off more than they could chew.I do not find George Bush perfect in any way. Nor do i think that his presidency was ran quite like it should have been. There are both Republicans and Democrats responsible for this mess. But if you want to start pointing fingers, i suggest you try and point them back a little farther along the time line.[/citation]
u didn't need to write a book for your reply however i hate it when people talk as if republicans did not have a part in this mess and start screaming "obama this,obama that" this guy hasn t even been prez for 8 months we just endured 8 years of bush give this guy a break.

rooseveltdon

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2009
[citation][nom]elbert[/nom]Everything I stated was fact other than maybe I should have said trying to get donations. The only question is did he receive donations? On the flip side we have little down side to being friends with the saudi's because they have what we need. China needs our market to sale their goods.A profiler trys aimlessly to justify them self by call others racist. Which is worse the racist or the profiler?[/citation]

lol i am not looking for justification i am calling you out on your BS if i wanted to sit down and carefully pick apart your argument and expose you for what you really are i could i am a law student thats what i am studying to become but i prefer to cut the BS and expose clowns like you for what they are from the get go. That s why i appreciate the kkk at least with them i know who i am dealing with but clowns like you annoy me because you act as if we don't see through your bs we elected the guy you guys supported and 8 years later look at where we are. go away and convinve someone else with your empty rhetoric.

kingssman

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2006
I remember 9/11. CNN had coverage of the first plane 20min before the President was notified. http://tinyurl.com/d56skb

Had the President had a fancy blackberry with RSS alerts, he could have heard about the WTC while he was in transport to the school he was talking at. But since he didn't have a blackberry which many accuse to be a waste of federal dollars for, he wasn't notified until 20min later by a SS agent

touchdowntexas13

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
[citation][nom]rooseveltdon[/nom]u didn't need to write a book for your reply however i hate it when people talk as if republicans did not have a part in this mess and start screaming "obama this,obama that" this guy hasn t even been prez for 8 months we just endured 8 years of bush give this guy a break.[/citation]

Just as long as you aren't referring to me as one of those guys. I did not even mention obama. Yes he has only been in office for 8 months, and thats why i am holding my tongue rather than spitting out all of my disagreements.

But yes it is necessary for me to write a book, when you can write a one liner pointing all of the blame at Bush. At that point it becomes necessary for me to explain the matter, and not just tell you that i think you are wrong. Being a law student, i am sure you are aware that a judgment is based on evidence, and evidence is something you did not wish to share. I stated that a lot of the blame fell upon democrats, and also that there was blame on the republicans, but i backed it up as well. If you would like people to take you seriously, don't bring star wars (i love those movies) into your argument. back it up with the facts.

How's that for a second novel? best seller anyone?

rooseveltdon

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2009
[citation][nom]touchdowntexas13[/nom]Just as long as you aren't referring to me as one of those guys. I did not even mention obama. Yes he has only been in office for 8 months, and thats why i am holding my tongue rather than spitting out all of my disagreements.But yes it is necessary for me to write a book, when you can write a one liner pointing all of the blame at Bush. At that point it becomes necessary for me to explain the matter, and not just tell you that i think you are wrong. Being a law student, i am sure you are aware that a judgment is based on evidence, and evidence is something you did not wish to share. I stated that a lot of the blame fell upon democrats, and also that there was blame on the republicans, but i backed it up as well. If you would like people to take you seriously, don't bring star wars (i love those movies) into your argument. back it up with the facts.How's that for a second novel? best seller anyone?[/citation]
dude i don't come here looking for political news or discussions obama can't run crysis and does not come with 6mb of cache the guy i was talking to quoted some hocus pocus dealing between gore and some chinese guy as if the bush family does not have their own share of shady dealing, if you read my comments properly you will see that i did not solely place blame on the republicans however the last few years we were ruled by a republican administration thus they should be held accountable if obama screws up today you will be the first to say yeah "dems screw eveything" but when republicans do it you go into "well it wasn't just them" mode, don't tell me what i should and should not say i do not need your approval....

touchdowntexas13

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009

Ok well i just got done reading your post again. where did you address any blame to democrats/previous presidents again? Oh thats right you didnt. and no i did not tell you what to write, i simply told you how to get people to appreciate your argument more. I was trying to give you your share of respect, i was trying to let you actually put some evidence behind your position, but you turn it around as me telling you what to do. I guess you didn't thoroughly read my post. You're loss, not mine.

and unless i am supposed to be reading a different post, i dont see where you blamed both parties.

G

Folks are missing the point - his Blackberry was meant to be a PERSONAL communication devices (at least that was what Obama stated) and NOT a PRESIDENTIAL COMMUNICATION DEVICE!

The reason it is being made secure is there is no way to draw a line between the two - WHICH IS THE REASON WHY THEY ASKED HIM TO GIVE UP THE BLACKBERRY in the first place! Obama fought it and wanted it for personal communications, now realizes it needs to be secure and is essentially validating the reason why he should have had it taken away.

And can people stop the 3rd grade argument of "so and so was doing it first". I don't care who wasted money in the past if it can't be reversed - it should not be used as JUSTIFICATION for continued and future misuse and waste. How many times do we run an actual surplus? It's going to take a decade of record surpluses just to offset the debt Obama is proposing yet alone pay down debt pre-Obama. Yeah, you can argue tiny little things like this are minimal in the grand scheme of things.. but 1000's of these types of programs (earmarks anyone) are a large part of the reason why we are in this hole. There was anti-tobacco smoking ad money, contraception funding and STD education money stuffed into the 1200+ page "emergency stimulus act"... not sure why...

$0.30 out of every $1 in taxes collected is 'wasted' as it is to pay interest on the debt. Think of what could be done if we had an extra 40% revenue to spend (or let people hold onto 40% more of the taxes they pay)... now ask yourself when the debt triples (as projected by the non-partisan CBO), how much money out of every $1 will go to paying interest on the debt.

The US gov't has essentially become what these large finance institutions are - it seems too big to fail, but if there is any significant shock to the confidence of the system (currenncy inflation or foreing countries not buying the T-bills to finance the debt or some sort of global event), the system will collapse due to the massive debt structure that continues to grow. When you don't have enough money to pay your mortgage, how many people look to buy bigger houses or do some large re-model which will be financed by taking out a 2nd mortgage?

So back to the original point - things like this Blackberry seem insignificant but it is symptomatic of the attitude we will just collect more money to pay for this stuff (or pay for it later), when most normal folks would tighten their belts on things they deem non-critical.

elbert

Distinguished
[citation][nom]rooseveltdon[/nom]lol i am not looking for justification i am calling you out on your BS if i wanted to sit down and carefully pick apart your argument and expose you for what you really are i could i am a law student thats what i am studying to become but i prefer to cut the BS and expose clowns like you for what they are from the get go. That s why i appreciate the kkk at least with them i know who i am dealing with but clowns like you annoy me because you act as if we don't see through your bs we elected the guy you guys supported and 8 years later look at where we are. go away and convinve someone else with your empty rhetoric.[/citation]
Ok so profiling us as racist wasn't good enough and now your trying to profile me as a clown. Was you a cop, sorry a little profiling of my own, before you entered law school because you need to learn profiling was and is a bad thing. Your point is you have no point profiler. You appreciate the kkk because you can easily profile them? LOL

8 years later gas goes back below $2 a gallon. Bush nor Obama did or will do anything to protect American jobs as the same company's own all the presidents. Company's that now depend of outsourcing. Raising tarriff's to protect American jobs is one thing none of these presidents want to even think about.

elbert

Distinguished
[citation][nom]rooseveltdon[/nom]dude i don't come here looking for political news or discussions obama can't run crysis and does not come with 6mb of cache the guy i was talking to quoted some hocus pocus dealing between gore and some chinese guy as if the bush family does not have their own share of shady dealing, if you read my comments properly you will see that i did not solely place blame on the republicans however the last few years we were ruled by a republican administration thus they should be held accountable if obama screws up today you will be the first to say yeah "dems screw eveything" but when republicans do it you go into "well it wasn't just them" mode, don't tell me what i should and should not say i do not need your approval....[/citation]
Hocus pocus must have made the pictures of Gore shaking hands with a china diplomat outside the temple too. Without question bush had shady dealing but we were starting the recession before Bush took office so don't lay all the blame at his feet either. Clinton had 8 years also to do in the American worker.

If you read my first reply you will note I stated anti bad government.

rooseveltdon

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2009
[citation][nom]elbert[/nom]Ok so profiling us as racist wasn't good enough and now your trying to profile me as a clown. Was you a cop, sorry a little profiling of my own, before you entered law school because you need to learn profiling was and is a bad thing. Your point is you have no point profiler. You appreciate the kkk because you can easily profile them? LOL 8 years later gas goes back below $2 a gallon. Bush nor Obama did or will do anything to protect American jobs as the same company's own all the presidents. Company's that now depend of outsourcing. Raising tarriff's to protect American jobs is one thing none of these presidents want to even think about.[/citation]
lol callimg me a "profiler" next i might as well get my own show on nbc lol i am calling you out not everybody here i don't need to "profile" you its nothing i havent seen before of course that means every one that is racist is not...he is simply an innocent person been profiled lol at leats according to your logic anyways,....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS