Oculus Rift questions from a newbie

chanratt

Estimable
Nov 26, 2015
Im fascinated by this machine but I have never tried it but I really want to get it. Is it worth it? is it all its made out to be? If I do get one, which components do I need to actually play because I see all these different sets out there. I need the headset I know that. I need a controller and touchpads also right? are all these included in what you buy in the set or are there more stuff you have to buy? Do anyone know a store that does demos of them? I know some best beys used to but they stopped...

Solution
It's been worth it to me, even though I paid twice as much as it costs now.

When you buy it now, you get it including motion controllers and two tracking sensors. You can add a third sensor for better roomscale tracking, but it's optional. Other than that it has what you need.

Some games might need a traditional controller (like an Xbox controller), but most pure VR games use the included motion controllers.

Sakkura

Distinguished
It's been worth it to me, even though I paid twice as much as it costs now.

When you buy it now, you get it including motion controllers and two tracking sensors. You can add a third sensor for better roomscale tracking, but it's optional. Other than that it has what you need.

Some games might need a traditional controller (like an Xbox controller), but most pure VR games use the included motion controllers.

Solution

DevilxDog

Estimable
Nov 23, 2015
A couple months ago I was at my local Best Buy and was showing my son what a VR head set was and I was asked if I wanted to try the Oculus. I don't know if they do it all the time but it's worth asking.

I never planned on getting into VR, at least till the price came down a good bit. Since trying the Rift, I'm very interested in it but hesitant because I'm not sure if it's worth it yet.