Oculus Rift questions from a newbie

chanratt

Estimable
Nov 26, 2015
Im fascinated by this machine but I have never tried it but I really want to get it. Is it worth it? is it all its made out to be? If I do get one, which components do I need to actually play because I see all these different sets out there. I need the headset I know that. I need a controller and touchpads also right? are all these included in what you buy in the set or are there more stuff you have to buy? Do anyone know a store that does demos of them? I know some best beys used to but they stopped...

Sakkura

Distinguished
It's been worth it to me, even though I paid twice as much as it costs now.

When you buy it now, you get it including motion controllers and two tracking sensors. You can add a third sensor for better roomscale tracking, but it's optional. Other than that it has what you need.

Some games might need a traditional controller (like an Xbox controller), but most pure VR games use the included motion controllers.

Sakkura

Distinguished
It's been worth it to me, even though I paid twice as much as it costs now.

When you buy it now, you get it including motion controllers and two tracking sensors. You can add a third sensor for better roomscale tracking, but it's optional. Other than that it has what you need.

Some games might need a traditional controller (like an Xbox controller), but most pure VR games use the included motion controllers.

DevilxDog

Estimable
Nov 23, 2015
A couple months ago I was at my local Best Buy and was showing my son what a VR head set was and I was asked if I wanted to try the Oculus. I don't know if they do it all the time but it's worth asking.

I never planned on getting into VR, at least till the price came down a good bit. Since trying the Rift, I'm very interested in it but hesitant because I'm not sure if it's worth it yet.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Lorenzo Chica Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality 1
A Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality 0
M Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality 0
B Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality 0
qtjequirijn Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality 3
misssmith11 Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality 1
B Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality 1
A Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality 3
M Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality 29
F Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality 2
B Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality 4