Odd network behavior: Think I am being monitored or spoofed.

Oct 17, 2018
I've been having consistent weird network issues over the last two weeks. I've contacted my ISP spectrum twice, downloaded dozens of different anti-virus software and have been unable to find an issue, even using Spectrum's own router diagnostics. However, I downloaded a tool called Xarp and it is detecting attacks coming from IP's I do not recognize, I am getting very upset and am unsure what to do.

I am running Windows 10 the most alarming odd behavior is notifications of other users accessing my documents and Avira notifications of suspicious access attempts to a hosts file.

Oct 17, 2018

There is no detection from Xarp on my laptop. I am pretty certain that I am having issues no matter what sites I am using. Although, I forgot to mention above, there is oddly high CPU usage on my both of my machines and it suspiciously lowers back to normal usage when I open Task Manager.

Oct 17, 2018

I've used process explorer and found the culprit is svchost.exe. There are a lot and I cannot locate the specific process causing it so I may have to nuke as you said.