Old receiver New tv

Tomchew

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
I recently bough a new 46" sharp aquos, and then got a free older audio system ( L and R speakers, center speaker, subwoofer, pioneer VSX 452 receiver) which i have no experience with. I figured out how to hook all the speakers to the receiver but how do i get my tv to pick it up? My TV has a optical/hdmi/component, the white red yellow, and one that has no color just says audio. The receiver has phono input, CD input, GND terminal, LD input, tape 2 monitor jacks, vcr/tape 1 jacks, video out( to monitor tv) jack. Essentially what I want it to do is play my external harddrive movies threw my WD live tv box to my lcd tv but im not sure how to make the sound work with it. Do i need to hook it up threw a vcr or dvd player?

Tomchew

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
I messed around with it a bit more and there was a red/white out on my tv that i missed, so i hooked into the LD input on the receiver and it almost works fine except I'm having issues running both the center speaker and the front speakers at the same time, its either one or the other.

I hooked up the Front speakers with the superwoofer then to the receiver and the center speaker right to the receiver on its own, am i missing something?