Older Games Laptop Suggestion

Stuck525

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013
Hello all, I'm looking to purchase a newer laptop that can play some older games but also do some processes like photo shop.

1. What is your budget? $1500

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 15"

3. What screen resolution do you want? 1080p or 4K

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? desktop replacement

5. How much battery life do you need? 2-3 hours

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. Yes, older games (like Civilization 4 and SW:KOTOR and Half Life 2) in high res

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? Photo and Video editing (DSLR camera and GoPro)

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 1TB

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. N/A

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 4-5 Years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? DVD ROM, but I can buy one on the side (doesn't need to be internal)

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. Doesn't matter, as long as it doesn't die in a year or 2

13. What country do you live in? USA

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. I'm Considering the following laptop:
HP Omen 15t gaming
https://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/omen-laptop---15t-gaming-1kb66av-1?jumpid=ma_omen-gaming_laptops_3_1KB66AV

I also don't want one that gets too hot.

Would this one work or do you suggest a different one or do I even need a "gaming" laptop?

jaslion

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012

For the same price you can have the 1050ti version which has a gpu about 2x as powerfull as the rx550.