Older performance and recent performance on laptop

billyomfg

Prominent
Jul 13, 2017
My laptop was pretty decent a year ago and could even play some high end games.Now it struggles to play any game .I have accepted the fact that if i want to play the newest and high quaility games i need to buy a new gaming desktop or laptop.Though,since i have accepted that fact and im currently mainly focusing on my studies im playing only a moba game which i could play with the highest settings and with great performance before (leauge of legends).So,i read a lot of articles about other situations close to mine.My conclusion is that since its overheating ,dust is the problem.But another one rises from the previous one:I have a sony vaio whose specs i will provide below,that in my country (Greece)no one actually can check them up so i have to get it to the sony embassy whick will cost more than i can afford.If you have any ideas other than buying new hardware or getting a repair.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name BILLYOMFG-PC
System Manufacturer Sony Corporation
System Model VGN-AW31ZJ_B
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T9600 @ 2.80GHz, 2801 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. R2032Y2, 9/23/2009
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale Ηνωμένες Πολιτείες
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
User Name Billyomfg-PC\Billyomfg
Time Zone GTB Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 6.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 5.97 GB
Available Physical Memory 3.04 GB
Total Virtual Memory 11.9 GB
Available Virtual Memory 9.00 GB
Page File Space 5.97 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

billyomfg

Prominent
Jul 13, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from billyomfg : "old performance and recent performance on laptop"

My laptop was pretty decent a year ago and could even play some high end games.Now it struggles to play any game .I have accepted the fact that if i want to play the newest and high quaility games i need to buy a new gaming desktop or laptop.Though,since i have accepted that fact and im currently mainly focusing on my studies im playing only a moba game which i could play with the highest settings and with great performance (leauge of legends).So,i read a lot of articles about other situations close to mine.My conclusion is that since its overheating ,dust is the problem.But another on rises from the previous one:I have a sony vaio whose specs i will provide below,that in my country (Greece)no one actually can check them up so i have to get it to the sony embassy whick will cost more than i can afford.If you have any ideas other than buying new hardwared or getting a repair.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name BILLYOMFG-PC
System Manufacturer Sony Corporation
System Model VGN-AW31ZJ_B
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T9600 @ 2.80GHz, 2801 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. R2032Y2, 9/23/2009
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale Ηνωμένες Πολιτείες
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
User Name Billyomfg-PC\Billyomfg
Time Zone GTB Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 6.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 5.97 GB
Available Physical Memory 3.04 GB