Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try it again after the reboot.
- If it doesn't work connect an external USB Mouse and see if it will work normally.
- Using the external mouse uninstall/reinstall the Touchpad driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the Touchpad driver.
- Reboot your laptop and it should reinstall the driver automatically.
- If it doesn't, download and install the latest Touchpad driver from the manufacturer site.
- If all these will not work do run a factory reset and if that will not fix the problem then it's a hardware issue.