Onda tablet doesn't read sim have tried spraying with WD40 several times, what other options to fix?

txblondie

Honorable
Jan 31, 2014
I purchased this Onda V116W dual boot tablet from tinydeal & it's been a nightmare since I received it ..and they were no joy to deal with, nor did they offer any type of reasonable solutions to fix this expensive problem! The tablet arrived with no Win 8.1 installed,and gets hot almost immediately on the back. A little over a week ago, my Android phone died so I tried to use the tablet..but it wouldn't read my sim card. I keep getting an error. I saw a video on YouTube that suggested using WD40 on the card .. I tried .. several times .. cleaned down. Not sure what to try next. Any suggestions?

Not sure what YouTube video you watched, but that does not sound like it would be good for the SIM card. You've essentially sprayed an oil lubricant on it, which is more likely to damage an electronic device than anything. Maybe it's true, but I wouldn't put any stock in it. In all likelihood, that SIM card probably no longer functions now.

As for why the SIM card didn't work in the tablet, well, the tablet may not support it. It appears to have limited wireless network connectivity, judging from the spec sheets I've seen, and may not work with whatever service provider issued that SIM card.

Also, generally speaking, retailers do not offer much in the way of tech support. It's not what they do; they simply sell it. You would have better luck reaching out to the actual manufacturers of the device for assistance.