One mouse and keyboard, two computers

James H

Honorable
Jun 15, 2013
So I'm having an issue, I have two computers - office one and a gaming one. Now most of the time I am on my gaming one but I have documents on the other one so its nice to switch across to it. I have my gaming one set up on DVI and my office one on VGA and with my HP monitor just by pressing "source" I can switch between computers.
What isn't fun is having to switch the keyboard and mouse over every single time!!! I have read about Synergy where they use two screens but I'm using one screen...can you fool the system into thinking your running on two screens?
If not is there a solution to this problem that doesnt involve me cluttering up my desk?

Thanks in advance!!

Zooshooter

Honorable
Feb 8, 2013

As far as I know, the only real solutions to this type of problem are a KVM switch which is specifically for this exact type of setup, or a second mouse/keyboard pair. You can get KVM switches relatively cheaply at a number of locations.

dm-mtl

Honorable
Jun 19, 2013

Since you run a dual monitor setup... I would not recommend buying one that supports it and leave it like you are doing at the moment. Dual monitor kvms are usually expensive.