One Third of Teens Admit to Driving Intexticated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since they actually are taking your eyes off the road for extended periods of time. I would rather take my chances with someone whom just drank 8 or 10 beers rather than someone texting while driving.

brendano257

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
[citation][nom]velocityg4[/nom]Since they actually are taking your eyes off the road for extended periods of time. I would rather take my chances with someone whom just drank 8 or 10 beers rather than someone texting while driving.[/citation]

Well it doesn't matter if your looking at the road or not if you can't react to anything/the road is swimming in front of you.

I don't text/drive as much as possible, I will never do it with anyone else in the car, and haven't done it for weeks, but it occasionally happens. But then again I'm not a textaholic anyway. Personally I don't ride with anyone who texts very often, but I don't appreciate it, hence why I won't do it with other people in the car at all.

G

Try Vlingo. You can send texts hands free with a bluetooth headset. I also have my Blackberry bold set to read incoming texts to me. The technology is not perfect but I does solve the issue of having your hands on the wheel.

snurp85

Distinguished
May 6, 2009
Studies have shown texting while driving is almost 3 times more dangerous than driving drunk. I think it should be illegal, especially for teens who barely know how to drive in the first place. Though I have to admit I have read texts a few times while driving, but its always 2 or 3 words at a time so that i can focus on the road.

backin5

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
[citation][nom]TommySch[/nom]Natural selection, let it be.[/citation]

Yeah, until one of those texting morons rams into you :(

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
I think there needs to be a distinction made about the whole texting while driving thing. Are some of these teen drivers texting only while at a stop light and thinking that counts? If so, then the poll results will be overstated.

I do it all the time. At a stop light, I will send a lengthy text. On a straight section of highway with no traffic and no other cars near me, I'll send a quick text response like, "Kk". Never in traffic, on city or residential streets, or on curved roads. I don't see a problem with that. I'm also opposed to special laws against texting while driving. There are plenty of laws in existance to deal with distracted drivers and drivers who are all over the road. Anymore, these laws are more about revenue generation than about public safety.

Anyway, that's my confession. I'm sure a lot of people here do similar things but won't admit to them for fear of being neg-voted... so neg-vote away.

lvlouro

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2008
geez, talk about telepathy, I was just about to post the same thing...
then I hit refresh and bam, 2 people posting about you being un.naturally selected...

vicsrealms

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2007
I was always taught that driving required 100% of your attention. So, why do people eat, talk on the phone, text, do their hair, or whatever while they drive?

Gin Fushicho

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2009
[citation][nom]TommySch[/nom]Natural selection, let it be.[/citation]
Except...maybe, you know, that natural selection will not only kill them but some people that DONT deserve to be "selected" as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.