One Third of Teens Admit to Driving Intexticated

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bin1127

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2008
doing anything else but paying attention to driving is really dangerous. though we seem to have caught on much more quickly this time about the dangers of texting and driving.

Annisman

Distinguished
May 5, 2007
I get so mad when I see teens doing it while I am driving. One time, somebody doing it almost slammed into me at a stop sign. When I see people texting next to me on the road I get a huge desrire to slam into their cars with mine.

festerovic

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
[citation][nom]Gin Fushicho[/nom]btw.... This is getting really out of hand, they need to just get rid of texting.[/citation]

or we need to get rid of teens ;) I like texting, but not while in the car.

G

It should be illegal, and anyone caught doing it should lose their driver's license for a year. Anyone caught a second time should lose their license for life.

If cops would just put down their damned radar guns, and start watching how people drive, they could put a stop to this insanity.

TEENS - YOU DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO RISK THE LIVES OF OTHERS, PERIOD...

Everyone needs to see this video, especially teens...

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13746_7-10323039-48.html

alvine

Distinguished
May 13, 2008
im a teen never did it, i dont like alcohol and being hangover next morning and loose some braincells next morning with headache so yeah

ssalim

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2007
I agree, anyone caught: on phone, texting, drunk, drinking hot beverage, reading anything or putting on makeup while driving should be severely punished as they do not have the rights to harm others.

princeofdreams

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2009
At least in the UK it is illegal, same as talking on the phone while you are driving. Anything that distracts you from concentrating 100% on the road ahead will get you in deep water here.

Trouble is society is becoming faster and faster, people are expected to do many things as once, and to some they don't know when to stop or really just don't care of the possible implications to others. They believe they are great at everything, like the idiots who proclaim they driver better after a few drinks..

Unlike intelligence, stupidity has no limits

G

Why is this so focused on teens? I see adults doing it just as much as I see young people doing it. I also see a lot more adults talking on the phone than teens. In Washington it is illegal to talk or text on your phone yet every one still does it. I think its stupid but I think this is just another way of putting the youngsters in bad light. It's not a teen issue it's a society issue.

one-shot

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006
1/3 Admit it...the other 2/3 lie about it HAHA. Seriously, though, Texting while driving is a problem. My brother texts while driving his 3 ton diesel truck.

G

There is supposed to be an envelope in the top right corner that allows me to unsubscribe for emails about this thread. Where is it???????????????????????

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
The whole drinking hot beverages.. Give me a break... Get over your self righteous foolishness.

Texting I agree.. I have plenty of driving exp. doing all sorts of stuff, but texting and driving.. That's just freaking stupid on all sorts of levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS