One TV just completely stopped picking up antenna service it works fine in another room where they are split what could’ve

Feb 14, 2018
I have two TVs that use the same Antenna theyre on a splitter they’ve worked fine for eight months all of a sudden one TV stopped working it won’t find any channels when we do a scan but the other TV still is working fine what could be wrong?

Solution
Splitter would be my first thought.

Swap the outgoing cables at the splitter. See if the problem switches TV's.

If not, try another known working cable between splitter and non-working TV.

Should be able to narrow down the problem source.
Splitter would be my first thought.

Swap the outgoing cables at the splitter. See if the problem switches TV's.

If not, try another known working cable between splitter and non-working TV.

Should be able to narrow down the problem source.

Solution
Feb 14, 2018
We have changed the splitter on the roof and inside. Changed the cable as well. It worked fine then just one day it stopped. It picks up about one channel and it is a crazy number like 118.2573 or a few like that and then they don’t work the next day. Tv upstairs still works completely fine. Could here be something wrong with the tv and not he antenna?

Swap the TVs around if possible.

Or try other TV's in the same locations.

Unscrew, inspect, and clean all connectors. Blow out dust, debris. Replace any connectors with physical damage or corrosion. You may or may not be able to do so yourself.....

Determine if the problem follows the TV or the location/antenna.

Inspect the cables. Do so carefully - no climbing on roofs or getting into difficult areas. Use a bright flashlight and pay close attention to bends, connectors, wall jacks, and so forth.

Look for signs of damage: corrosion, chew marks, abrasion, bare metal, kinks, nails or staples that have rubbed through the insulation.

Take your time. Inspect carefully