OnePlus 5T Review: Say Hello to the Phone Bargain of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

les.weldon

Prominent
Dec 24, 2017
It's a great phone, no doubt about it. I recommend it to everyone I can. But, I must put forward a word of caution about their accessories, warranty, and service. Along with my phone, I purchased a "bundle" of accessories. Except for the Dash Charging which is great, the rest is not only sup-par in quality, but not warrantied beyond 15 days - whether you've unwrapped it or not! The phone comes with a film screen protector which I like, but I figured I should have a back up - so I ordered the glass screen protector. Two weeks into my phone experience, I scratched the film and thought "I'm glad I have a backup" - NOT. It was a disaster. Terrible, terrible, terrible. The glass screen was incredibly difficult to apply and bubbled so much my screen looked like a sponge. I got in touch with OP who made me write a detailed description and send a photo. They weren't very sympathetic, telling my the glass protector as outside the 15-day warranty (despite it being 3 days past). After much prodding they gave me the final verdict: they would have replaced it but noticed the screen had "scratches" in the photo I sent. I explained those were not scratches, but dust and I would gladly send it back for their inspection. Crickets since then...

I still recommend the phone to everyone, but tell them that except for the Dash Charge, stay FAR AWAY from OP, and go to Amazon and buy accessories. Not only can you find accessories that are less expensive, but better quality too. Buyer beware with OP...

jvsdevices

Prominent
Dec 28, 2017
BEWARE - Oneplus has a very poor/no warranty support which i am struggling to fix the occasional missing of cellphone tower issue. Phone has been sent for service thrice and no improvement and left with no option of keep sending back to service center with postage paid by me for their mistake.

Feb 20, 2018
The phone looks good, and the specs are great. It works well, it's fast, and the camera is not as bad as most reviews suggest. HOWEVER, and this is a huge issue, this phone's (and OnePlus as a company) downfall is how easily it scratches. I have had HTCs and moto Xs in the past (one more expensive and the other a cheaper phone), and after years of regular use they have no scratches on the display. The oneplus5T, I got my wife from Christmas, was ok for the first two weeks. Then when she took out the screen protector (that comes pre-installed from factory - please ask yourself why, if you are considering buying this phone). Within a couple of days of use , she noticed a bunch of little scratches all over the display of the phone. Within a week the phone looks horrible. The phone has mostly been in her pocket or bag, just like she's used her previous phones. Their support keeps saying that it's not their fault, that the display is a GC5 , and that this damage is caused by me. They even have the guts to ask me to pay to have it repaired. They obviously KNOW that the displays scratch extremely easily , and that's why they provide the phones with a screen protector. Of course after two weeks they will not accept the phone back for a refund, so now I am stuck with a device that works well but looks horrible. If you value $568 , look elsewhere for a good Android phone. Save yourself the trouble, and give your hard earned money to somebody who treats you with basic respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.