Online White House Petitions Now Require 100K Signatures to Receive Response

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]master9716[/nom]Well , he doesnt have to act like he cares but he does , All these retards petitioning stupid issues, when you feed a dog a bone your not supposed to bite the hand.[/citation]

they are put in power by us, and get money from us to the tune of about 30% of what you make a year (less than 20% if you are insaneley rich)
as far as im concerned if i have trouble wiping my butt and someone elected is by me, they should help wipe.

the LEAST they can do is pretend to take anything with 25000 people backing it seriously.

[citation][nom]drosencraft[/nom]Has been fought already. States don't have the legal right to secede. Go re-read Constitutional Law.[/citation]

texas does, its the only state with that right.

[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]They should make it 150,000 signatures. Most people probably don't even read petitions thoroughly anyway, just the bold print. A more satirical point of view, if anyone here has seen the South Park episode "Human Centipad" where it mocks Apple and how most people just click "I Agree" without even reading the agreement, I presume this happens more often than not. Most of the time, these agreements are overly bloated with words. I'm sure if simplicity was in mind when writing these things out, bulleted/numbered lists and so forth, we might see a huge change.The petition to deport Piers Morgan reached 109,000 signatures, which I think is is asinine. They should deport the Kardashians before they should deport him.[/citation]

the bold print should either give you a damn good idea as to what the petition is about, or be funny and eye catching. this isn't a TOS where they write it in legalese so no one fully understands it or doesn't care enough to go through 20-30+ pages of that crap.

[citation][nom]fimbulvinter[/nom]I'm sure you are just trolling, but our current president and his administration are solidly center-right and they blew off plenty of truly leftist petitions like you would expect.[/citation]

democrats have no balls anymore
obama isn't as weak as people think, he genuinely wants things to go the republican way, not the extremist republican way, but the more... sane minded republican way. cutting entitlements shouldnt even be considered by a democrat... but many are considering it.

i hate how any real choice we have in who to elect is just figuring out which one would kill our country less, do i want to be stabbed with a knife, or a chainsaw.

really, right now, the only difference between president canedates was social issues, sure mitt was more extreme in other areas, but it was the social issues are the only ones that people can do anything about.

its sad our whole govenment is corrupt and that we legalized bribery.

[citation][nom]catswold[/nom]This is not really true, but by continually undermining the Constitution and attempting to circumvent it, it is weakened. Liberals better think seriously about that, because the Constitution is the only legal document that preserves our union. Without that mandate, not only would states be free to secede, but there would be no legal justification for the existence of the federal government. Obama, by undermining the Constitution, is undermining his own raison d'etre. Without the Constitution, THERE IS NO PRESIDENCY . . . no Congress, no Supreme Court, no federal payroll and no taxation.. . . come to think of it, YOU GO MR. PRESIDENT!!![/citation]

really, we are caring about it this much now... how about the 4th amendment that bush took a dump on, and continues to be used to wipe with?

so far obama did nothing to stop guns at all, just signed orders to enforce laws ALREADY ON THE BOOKS that people just don't care about enforcing.

the moment there is a ban of any kind, ill be up in arms too, but so far, nothing he did stopped anyone so far.

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
[citation][nom]brandonjclark[/nom]States do not NEED permission to secede. Joining the union was for the State's benefit. It was voluntary. Nothing in the laws says that a state can't secede.But that didn't stop the tyrant Lincoln from killing tons of Americans in order to stop states anyway, did it?[/citation]

Actually, it is illegal for a state to succeed. I learned it in law. Also, it is correct that there's a bylaw which does not include TX in the clause.

Status
Not open for further replies.