OOPS: McGraw-Hill Dropped From iPad Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

bejabbers

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2009
Who cares about apple? Really, they never produce anything innovative, even though they "say" they do. Not to mention that they don't produce better hardware, or software for that matter, than anyone else yet charge more than everyone for it. It'll be nice when the fanboys wake up and realize they're being ripped off.

lowguppy

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2008
Well, there goes the textbook market. I guess people who wanted textbooks in digital format will have to buy an eReader or someone else's better tablet. Smooth move Apple.

Zenthar

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
If they really kicked McGraw-Hill out of the iBookshelf, they are shooting themselves in the foot. McGraw-Hill publishes a lot of tech books and tech-oriented people will probably be the main market for the iPad (if it even has a market, but that is another thread).

blackthorne

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2009
more apple gestapo crap....closed architecture and the whole app stores judge, jury, and executioner is just hurting them but obviously they dont realize that.

Blessedman

Distinguished
May 29, 2001
Well isn't this how apple became a bottom feeder in the first place? I mean they had a great product in their early days and Jobs kept pushing his agenda, now after ressurecting the company he is about to do it all over again. If they really are pushing Mcgraw-Hill out of the deal they are not being very smart. If I were a share holder of apple, I would be writing a letter to Steve telling him to put a reign on his tactics. Everyone knew the the ipad was coming and you would be a fool not to think it wasn't going to have a more modified version of the iOS...

windndust

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2007
Zenthar: ...they are shooting themselves in the foot. McGraw-Hill publishes a lot of tech books and tech-oriented people will probably be the main market for the iPad

If the people's reaction on this site are any indication, I'm going with tech people aren't the market.

sceen311

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2008
[citation][nom]bejabbers[/nom]Who cares about apple? Really, they never produce anything innovative, even though they "say" they do. Not to mention that they don't produce better hardware, or software for that matter, than anyone else yet charge more than everyone for it. It'll be nice when the fanboys wake up and realize they're being ripped off.[/citation]
yeah cause vista wasn't a rip off or anything.

The Schnoz

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2008
I think the iPad might work well for educational purposes. If textbooks were transferred over to it, as well as links in those books to educational video footage, and the class had wi-fi, this could have aviable market. For the average consumer though, it iShit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS