Open Candy Error Message

bebop92

Honorable
Nov 6, 2013
I keep getting this stupid error message from this OpenCandy adware. The message reads.

RunDLL
There was a problem starting
C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\OpenCandy\
B08F083546724C95AA605033EFDFFD2E\OCBrowserHelper_1.0.5.112.dll
The specified module could not be found.

What the what?

I've tried using a bunch of malware removes, as well as OpenCandy's own removal tool.

ShouldaKnown

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014

I have the same problem. I've used MalWareBytes, double checked the Registry for "user" and "local machine" and done everything I can think of. Apparently, I still have a program somewhere that is loading and asking to run OpenCandy. I can't find what program is asking to run it. I've stripped the list of "Start" programs, and rebooted the machine and just let it sit there. Eventually I will get the Rundll error message. Using Task manager to look at programs: nothing running. Looking at processes and services: doesn't show anything that stands out, either.

Very frustrating. Especially because the error message stops keyboard entry for whatever I am working on. Does anybody have any other ideas?

bebop92

Honorable
Nov 6, 2013
Well I have no idea how to do that. I've tried a lot of different antivirus/malware programs. As this has been going on for months I can't remember them all.

Bill Oleary

Estimable
Jul 4, 2014

Bill Oleary

Estimable
Jul 4, 2014
I had the same problem, I used malwarebytes anti malware premium did a rootkit archives and a heuristics scan and it found 20 things from rocket-com and quartined them, after the scan, go to manage toobars and remove anything that has to do with rocket-com, them program and remove anything the folde has with that name. rocket-com, it's a search engine that steals your info and send who-ever traffic so they the hacker can make money. restart after removal then rescan a full scan. it screwed with my host file and also my system restore now everything works great. so check it out

Bill Oleary

Estimable
Jul 4, 2014