Open headphones with mic attachment

Neeman

Estimable
Sep 3, 2015
Hey guys,

I'm new so sorry if this is already answered. I am looking at buying an open style gaming headphones with attachable mic. My one concern is that I'm going to be bothering all my friends if my mic picks up the sound coming from the headphones. Is this likely to happen?

I was looking at getting superlux hd668b with Zalman Zm-Mic1 High Sensitivity Headphone Microphone.

Thank you!

Solution
depends on how loud your volume is on the headphones and how sensitive you have your microphone adjusted. things like noise cancelling and going with cardioid/direction input over omnidirection and boom style over clip on certainly do help.

keep in mind that the zm1 is a cheap budget mic - while it works, dont expect miracles from it. i've never used it but the moovmic is a cheap boom style mic you could try out.

generally the go-to for good quality add-on microphones for gaming is the modmic. there are certainly other choices but it has both a convenient mount and known good quality for the price.
depends on how loud your volume is on the headphones and how sensitive you have your microphone adjusted. things like noise cancelling and going with cardioid/direction input over omnidirection and boom style over clip on certainly do help.

keep in mind that the zm1 is a cheap budget mic - while it works, dont expect miracles from it. i've never used it but the moovmic is a cheap boom style mic you could try out.

generally the go-to for good quality add-on microphones for gaming is the modmic. there are certainly other choices but it has both a convenient mount and known good quality for the price.

Solution