Opening a single panel laptop to increase RAM

-MaZen

Prominent
Jul 9, 2017
Hello, I recently got a laptop from my school. It's a core i3-7100U with 4 gigabytes of installed memory. I wanted to increase it to 8GB but the problem it doesn't have separate panel for that like laptops normally do. The manual that came with it has no info on how to open it or increase RAM nor does its model no. appear anywhere on the internet since it was built by the university I guess. Now, I did unscrew everything on the bottom and tried to get the keyboard off and things like that but I can't seem to open it. Is there any specific way to open a single panel laptop like this? Will I be able to do so myself or will i have to take it to a shop? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Solution
The race to build the slimmest laptop in world seems to have dnoe away with easliy accessible RAM and hard disk so yes, you do need to undo all those scerws, having removed the battery first unless the unlock bars are inside as well. One of eth screws will be about fiver inches in from the edge where the DVD slot it (or more often, is not but the provision will be there. Undo that screw and slide out the optical drive or the plastic tray if there is no optical.

Use an old bank card gently to pry open the case. Sometimes that gap where the optical drive could go is the best place to start because you can use your fingers. Be very careful in making the last click to remove the bottom from the motherboard. Those clicks will...
The race to build the slimmest laptop in world seems to have dnoe away with easliy accessible RAM and hard disk so yes, you do need to undo all those scerws, having removed the battery first unless the unlock bars are inside as well. One of eth screws will be about fiver inches in from the edge where the DVD slot it (or more often, is not but the provision will be there. Undo that screw and slide out the optical drive or the plastic tray if there is no optical.

Use an old bank card gently to pry open the case. Sometimes that gap where the optical drive could go is the best place to start because you can use your fingers. Be very careful in making the last click to remove the bottom from the motherboard. Those clicks will sounds as though you've broken something evern if you haven't.

When you find the RAM make sure you buy the exact same specification of the higher capacity.

Solution