Opening ost files with Outlook 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

jss2020

Honorable
Apr 19, 2012
How can one open existing ost files in Outlook 2013? I tried but I get a message that it is not an Outlook Data file.

G

I think if you Google this problem you will see that it could be a issue with validation. Did you recently reinstall the OS or Outlook? If so the permissions for that file might be the problem. If you recently updated from a older version of Outllook that could also cause similar issues.

jss2020

Honorable
Apr 19, 2012

Thanks for your response. I have read that page earlier also but this ost thing is a little confusing for me. In the past I have used pst files only.

The reason I was trying to open ost files was because I had to reinstall Office a few times after resetting Windows 8 and therefore I have some "old" ost files.

Is it safe to delete old ost files or might that result in losing older email messages?

Thanks!

jss2020

Honorable
Apr 19, 2012

I have googled this a few times but that didn't resolve this for me. Yes, I reset Windows 8 and reinstalled Office 2013. I am not sure if this is a validation issue but I'll look into it.

In past versions when I created email accounts, pst files would be created and everything would work fine. Now when I add a new email account it creates ost files unless I manually define the settings.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.