Opera Adopts Browser Rapid Release Cycles

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]So basically Google starts this trend, Mozilla hops in and then even Opera does.Guess Microsoft is the only one sticking to true versioning schemes.[/citation]

The only "trend" possibly is that Opera appears to be more public about its releases. They usually have an update once every 1-3 months. 10.0 10.1 10.2 10.4, etc...

I don't see Opera doing the stupid Google thing going from Chrome 1.0 to 11.0 in two years... meanwhile, Opera took 15 years to get here. Opera has changed quite a bit for all these versions. Meanwhile... there isn't any visual differences between Chrome 1 and Chrome 11.

G

Opera 11 actually doesn't work with Yahoo! Mail Beta, Belardo. I'm having that issue for a time and no one seems to be able to give out an answer that actually helps. I don't know if it's a JavaScript problem, plugin problem, or what kind of problem it is, but unfortunately I tend to go back to Firefox 5 when I can't fix this.
On top of that, I've been having complications with Opera whenever I have to work with slow connection bandwidth, and I seem to be chased by them...
Hope anyone can help with this.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
Sorry Mpodonga.... You appear to have other issues.

All of us have odd-ball computer issues.... but I don't have a problem with using Yahoo Mail Classic or their new one, which is no longer beta.

Status
Not open for further replies.