operating system confusion wndows 10 pro or windows 8.1 pro

Trinket the cat

Commendable
Sep 16, 2016
my system came with windows 8.1 pro, I upgraded to windows 10 during the free offering.
I have just recently found out that my bios is not working properly. I can not access my bios when I hit the delete button, the screen just goes black, motherboard has a led read out which says A2 and goes no further.
I tried to install a new ssd drive 850 evo 500GB and the device managers says it is working properly but it does not show up in my list of drives under My Computer.

I want to do a clean install of the operating system and put windows on one ssd drive and everything else on the other new ssd drive (like steam and all of the games) I still have a hhd (1 TB) that I will use for pictures and music if needed but I really only want to use this computer for my Vive . everything else is not important to me at this time. I just want the best possible environment for the Vive system.
So I need recommendation, should I go to the option of resetting my system back to factory settings (windows 8.1 pro) and see if that brings my access to the bios back and hopefully the computer will recognize the new ssd drive.
or should I do a clean install of windows 10 pro using the clean install tool from the windows 10 web site and see if that straightens thing out.

MB- Gigabyte x99 gaming G1 wifi
I-7 5930k 6 core
asus geforce gtx 1080 Strix advanced edition
256GB ssd (for operating system )
evo 500GB ssd (for games)
850 watt power supply Seasonic X series
32 GB ripjaw 4 2400 memory
16x blueray/dvd read /writer
corsair super tower 9000 (or something like that) (it is a great case)

Solution
I would just do a clean install of Win 10. No need to go back to 8.1 first.

For the new 500 EVO that does not appear...does it appear in Disk Management?
Probably
What happens when you right click on it? It probably will prompt you to Initialize it.

USAFRet

Illustrious
I would just do a clean install of Win 10. No need to go back to 8.1 first.

For the new 500 EVO that does not appear...does it appear in Disk Management?
Probably
What happens when you right click on it? It probably will prompt you to Initialize it.

Solution