Opinion on this laptop!

Lindo90

Honorable
Dec 7, 2013
Hello folks.

I gotta pick up a laptop for school and would like to also play the occasional game on there. My gaming library jumps all over the place (fps, rts, etc.) and am hoping for something that will not solely be for gaming, but will at least run them smoothly while I travel. I do have a desktop for while I'm at home, and as such am not looking to drop a grand on a laptop. Link:

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/asus-asus-vivobook-max-x541uv-15-6-laptop-black-intel-core-i7-6500u-1tb-hdd-8gb-ram-windows-10-x541uv-bh71-cb/10490599.aspx?path=61d12b260f53eb93cc3958241e9bf479en02

This is the laptop in question at the moment. It's about the maximum cost I can spare for such a thing. Keep in mind this is in CAD, not USD. For what it is, will the specs flow well together in a game such as Counter Strike GO, League of Legends, or similar environments? The graphics card I believe is capable at lower graphics settings, but I've been so far removed from hardware talk in recent years that I may be incorrect.

All things considered, I don't have much more than the $750 CAD, and this will not be replacing my gaming desktop. This is for school, with the casual "game when I travel home for two weeks". If there are better alternatives out there for equal or less price, I would love to hear about those also!

The community here has never led me astray in the past, and I'm appreciative of the time and knowledge you all share, so thank you all.

Ryan

Lindo90

Honorable
Dec 7, 2013

Thank you for the fast response.

Do you think a laptop would run a game similar to that of World of Warcraft, Counter Strike: Global Offensive, League of Legends, etc? Or perhaps you may know of a site I may check myself (I don't want to send you on a long hunt if it's not needed). It's a lot of money to drop on a computer with school, I just want to be sure before I invest.

Thank you again,

Ryan

n0ns3ns3

Commendable
May 25, 2016
those listed, you will be able to play. may be not on highest settings, but definitely playable.
even games like overwatch.

Lindo90

Honorable
Dec 7, 2013

You're the best, thank you.

Indeed I would not expect a laptop such as this to run as a desktop would, but I'm delighted to hear that it will do me somewhat well on what it's intended use will be. The help is much appreciated !