Opinions needed

Butch2112

Distinguished
May 21, 2001
I need help on building a web page. I dont know crap about html, xml or all those other ml's. What I want is an easy to use wysiwyg program. I am considering Frontpage 2002. The website I am building is for my daughters sports teams, vollyball, basketball, softball, etc. Any help on how to get started, books,classes,whatever. Thanks to all for your time.

Arrow

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Frontpage is good, as is Dreamweaver.

Rob
Please visit <b><A HREF="http://www.ncix.com/canada/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048" target="_new">http://www.ncix.com/canada/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048</A></b>

nyt

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2001
I recommend using Macromedia Dreamweaver 4, then reading the tutorials. That's how I learned to make nice pages with tables and that kinda stuff. Another option would be to go to your local bookstore and check out some HTML books. I've heard Frontpage is simple to operate also.

--
Intel inside, AMD outside.

CALV

Distinguished
May 17, 2001
I have used both frontpage and dreamweaver- im not an expert web designer, Frontpage is easier to use, but dreamweaver is a lot more versatile. You can download a 30 day trial of dreamweaver from www.macromedia.com I cant remember where Front page comes from, Part of office 2000 i think, or is it part of windows?

Next time you wave - use all your fingers

Treppiede

Distinguished
May 31, 2001
I agree with "nyt"... get a trial version of DreamWeaver from www.downloads.com and read the tutorial. To access it, once you have installed DW, go to the help menu then click on "using DreamWeaver".... that's how I learned how to make nice sites, it's incredibly easy. In my opinion you should not waste your time using FrontPage... I used the 2000 version, which is to DreamWeaver what NOTEPAD is to Word 2000.
And I said NOTEPAD, not WordPad.

Good luck!

A television may insult your intelligence but nothing rubs it in
like a computer.

FatBurger

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2001
I'm gonna disagree with everyone here and say GoLive! from Adobe is the absolute best visual editor, bar none. It looks a lot like Dreamweaver (great program), but has the functionality of that and the nice little bits of FrontPage that you can't do in other programs.
It's not perfect, but I've used basically everything out there, and I like it the best.

-----------------
Whoever thinks up a good sig for me gets a prize :wink:

nyt

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2001
I haven't been able to find a full version of it or els I would use Golive! probably.

--
Intel inside, AMD outside.

FatBurger

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2001
Really? <A HREF="http://www.adobe.com/store/products/golive.html" target="_new">Here</A> is Adobe's purchase screen. $284, or $184 if you're a registered user of FrontPage or Dreamweaver. Great price, it used to be $500.

-----------------
Whoever thinks up a good sig for me gets a prize :wink: