Opinions on Refurb.

Special Aphex

Honorable
Jan 1, 2014
I've recently been looking a lot into refurbished laptops for the sheer fact of the lower prices, money being an issue. I've been doing a lot of research and found buying refurbished to be a big game of hit-and-miss, some products come brand new, others are DOA.

Newegg is the website I've been browsing, although I've never made a purchase there before, I hear they are pretty good with customer support, and security. I've found a laptop I like, and think it's a good deal, but I noticed the purchase is non-refundable and only offers a 30-day replacement period on top of a 90-day labor and parts warranty. This is the laptop.

Does anyone have any experience buying laptops refurbished from Newegg, specifically the brand HP? Do you think this is a good deal, considering the risk of it being refurbished?

Any and all advice is welcome, and would greatly appreciated. :)

Solution
I buy scrap laptops for as little as the price of a chicken and most that are that cheap or less do work but all always need work even a refub. There is always dust and other filth to remove, new compound and removal of junk that was there from manufacturing that was never needed. Also you need to know what sort of laptops and brands to flat out avoid like HP/Compaq ect. Thinkpads and Macs have some of the best success rate at a low cost while Sony is good too.

nforce4max

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
I buy scrap laptops for as little as the price of a chicken and most that are that cheap or less do work but all always need work even a refub. There is always dust and other filth to remove, new compound and removal of junk that was there from manufacturing that was never needed. Also you need to know what sort of laptops and brands to flat out avoid like HP/Compaq ect. Thinkpads and Macs have some of the best success rate at a low cost while Sony is good too.

Solution