Optical Audio out problem when using Fire TV Stick

mrcoolbadguy

Prominent
Apr 5, 2017
I have a samsung UN32EH4003 and using a Fire TV Stick. I tried running the EXT optical out to a digital to analog converter box to send the audio to a soundboard but get no audio out. Is it possible that it won't send audio out through the optical from a device that inputs to the TV via HDMI?

mrcoolbadguy

Prominent
Apr 5, 2017

mrcoolbadguy

Prominent
Apr 5, 2017
I tried the AV in with my WII and DTV and didn't get anything from either of those. Possibly my optical cable is bad. I looked at the whole two sided fold out manual for my TV it doesn't say anything about the EXT link out. Also in the settings menu there's nothing to enable it I can find. I tried to do a firmware update via the Samsung site but on 3 different USB memory devices it said no upgrade detected. Possibly I already have the newest firmware available? I wouldn't be opposed to opening up the TV and pulling the speaker wires off and turning them into an output, I'm just trying to get to an RCA or 1/4" into my bedroom studio soundboard. Any info on how to do that would be cool as well.

mrcoolbadguy

Prominent
Apr 5, 2017
There wasn't anything in the audio menu either and I also turned off the Dolby sound on the Fire stick in case that was the issue. Still not working. that line level converter looks perfect though. Thanks so much!

Rannee

Prominent
Apr 21, 2017
If you buy a Bluetooth receiver about £13 for the likes of a car but plug it into the TV / Amp auxiliary audio input then find it from Bluetooth search on fire tv VOILA... Needs a USB power to the device . Works a dream when HDMI does not pass the sound.
Ron.