Optical connection issues

Todd_46

Prominent
May 24, 2017
I have an optical connection from sanyo smart tv to older jvc receiver the optical jack in the receiver is for CD rather than tv. I've tried all sorts of settings on both the receiver and tv and I'm not getting any sound.

Without model numbers we can't give you an exact answer.
On many receivers you have to assign a connection to an input name. Check the receiver input set up menu.
On the TV you may have to turn the optical output on, the internal speakers off, and change the audio output type to get it working.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Audio 9
H Audio 2
C Audio 1
D Audio 2
C Audio 1
J Audio 1
S Audio 1
M Audio 1
R Audio 2
R Audio 1
K Audio 2
C Audio 1
A Audio 1
B Audio 1
B Audio 1
P Audio 3
G Audio 1
M Audio 7
L Audio 8
J Audio 3
Similar threads
Question How do I connect an older Yamaha AV receiver with no optical or HDMI, only RCA, to my TV and able to play sounds.
Question How do i connect my logitech z623 speaker to my uhd tv?
Discussion Optical connections
Question Sound Problems connecting optical lead from 4k LG tv to Harman Kardon AVR 7000 amp
Question Sound blaster z connect Logitech Z906 to optical in or out
Solved! How to get my lg magic remote to control my sony stereo receiver connected through optical cable
How to connect USB headset to device with optical output?
I'm trying to connect a polk sd1 sound bar to a Toshiba 58L5400U TV. I connected the optical wire, but it will not work. It's
Solved! how do i connect my konzert sound bar to my sharp aquos tv model LC-40LE 185M that doesnt have optical and hdmi arc ?
Solved! help with TCL 55R617 tv with polk audio soundbar connected with optical toslink
Solved! Connecting sound bar to the tv through optical cable
I have new Samsung tv with a connect box with one optical plug. No rca plugs. I have a sound bar connected to the optical port
How to connect samsun hospitality tv model hg40aj570mk that have hdmi rca to soundbar that have aux usb optical
How can I connect 5.1 HCS by optical to JVC Smart tv without optical connection
Solved! Connect Panasonic Sounbar (Optical) to Sanyo TV (CoAx)
i have a PC with SPDIF sound card and a music system with digital/optical out and aux in and out.is there any way to connect t
optical connection to Soundblaster Z card on PC
How do I convert optical connection from TV to 3.5mm headphones
Connecting Samsung tv to subwoofer with 5 speakers by optical lead
is connecting my TV optical out to Analog Receiver's Phono Input a bad idea?

ASK THE COMMUNITY