Optical to Hdmi converter

Feb 26, 2018
Hello, I just bought a sound bar and didn't realize it would need an optical hook up which my tv doesn't have. Where can I find a good converter? My tv is LG model 43lf5400-ub and my sound bar is LG model LAS260B

Solution
No such thing and if there was it wouldn't solve your problem.
Your TV doesn't seem to have any audio outputs.
Your can connect the soundbar directly to an external source. If you have more than one you can get an HDMI audio input selector with audio extraction. That will give you an optical audio output for the soundbar.
That won't get audio from the TV tuner to the soundbar. It is possible to connect the wires inside the TV that go to the internal speakers to a speaker to line level converter and connect that to the aux input on the soundbar. Not electrically complicated to do but would void the warranty.
No such thing and if there was it wouldn't solve your problem.
Your TV doesn't seem to have any audio outputs.
Your can connect the soundbar directly to an external source. If you have more than one you can get an HDMI audio input selector with audio extraction. That will give you an optical audio output for the soundbar.
That won't get audio from the TV tuner to the soundbar. It is possible to connect the wires inside the TV that go to the internal speakers to a speaker to line level converter and connect that to the aux input on the soundbar. Not electrically complicated to do but would void the warranty.

Solution
Feb 26, 2018