Ovi Maps Racing Lets You Race Down Your Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

sot010174

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2004
LOL I'll guess there'll be ppl firing up their 700HP V8's just to see if they can beat their time @ the game... lol...

hobbes_tx

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2009
[citation][nom]ravewulf[/nom]I live on a dead end street[/citation]
You can at least drag race, just make sure you brakes work. :)

G

Now that would be cool if that would be available in 3D or something!

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
Ok, seriously. That is awesome. I have ALWAYS wished they would make games based on the city you live in. A lot of work but would pay off in the long run, especially online. This is cool but it seriously need to be implemented in NFS series or something. Would be so cool to race around your neighborhood you are familiar with!

drip50291

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
Alright very impressed someone actually combined these technology concepts finally. This couldve been done a long time ago. Basically any point when you have a viewable picture of the world and its streets, even a .jpg (extremely large at the least ha), from a GPS (whenever full maps were created) they couldve made virtual streets (walls) on top of the .jpg like Airmagnet software does with simulated wireless surveys. Like i said not impressed because it could've been done by non lazy programmers whenever they had a usable GPS map. But I will be when the finally decided to go for the gold and stop being lazy to create a 1st person racing game using Google street view. THAT WOULD BE THE SHIT!!!! And its quite possible it would just take a long time...

Status
Not open for further replies.