Palm is Trying to Sell Itself

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

maestintaolius

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]zak_mckraken[/nom]July 2010 : RIM aquires Palm.December 2010 : Dell aquires RIM.June 2011 : Verizon aquires AT&T.September 2011 : Dell merges with Verizon.October 2011 : Following the completion of the merger, Dell/Verizon renames itself Cyberdyne.March 2012 : Due to the overwhelming demand, Cyberdyne creates a supercomputer to manage all communication products and services.May 2012 : Skynet is born.You know the rest.[/citation]
I, for one, welcome our new robot overlords and remind them that they will need loyal ambassadors to help manage the human slaves in their Unobtainium mines.

Ambictus

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2009
To stop the lawsuits and help advance WebOS/Android why not have Google purchase Palm? Google tells Apple that if they even think about suing Google's partners they'll sue Apple. This could potentially halt any Apple lawsuits against manufacturers of Android devices.

Also it would allow merging of technologies in WebOS and Android.

LordConrad

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2007
[citation][nom]DXRick[/nom]The Pre is a dud compared to the competition. Why would anyone want to buy a loser?[/citation]

Can your smartphone multitask?
Only if it's a Pre or an Android.

Can your smartphone act as a mobile hotspot at no extra charge? Probably not.

koga73

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2008
i like my palm pre personally. based on linux and open! i have a terminal application right in my phone, no jail breaking for me

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
Too bad that PALM didn't make BeOS into a free-ware OS, it could have been interesting.

They bought it, stopped it for Desktops and BeOS faded away. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS