Palm Makes WebOS 2.0 and Palm Pre 2 Official

Status
Not open for further replies.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Ditch the bulky keyboard and give me a 3.7" screen. Slide out keyboards are prone to breaking and they add unnecessary bulk. No thanks again Palm.

TheRockMonsi

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2010
As a current Palm Pre user, I'd like to have a phone with a bigger screen. I'll buy a Palm again if it comes with a bigger screen and they get the hardware right (which they seem to have done).

mikeadelic

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2010
[citation][nom]tayb[/nom]Ditch the bulky keyboard and give me a 3.7" screen. Slide out keyboards are prone to breaking and they add unnecessary bulk. No thanks again Palm.[/citation]
Some people like slide-outs. Agree on the screen though.

Most new Androids and WP7s are coming with 3.5in+ screens and 840 x 480 resolution... no reason for Palm to be so behind the times. HVGA is way 2008.

gbismack

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2009
A lot of people like slide out keyboards, you can easily offer two phone options. Like the HTC EVO vs the Samsung EPIC Sprint offers for Android. Comparable phones, one with and one without the keyboard.

The small screen and tiny hard to use thumboard are killing this device, though. My last phone was the Palm Treo Pro, the tiny thumbboard is a nuisance. There are other phones with similar design who have an easier to use thumbboard. The keys are too small with larger space in between and are too hard to press down.

kezix_69

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
I'm glad to see webOS still going because I would love to see it on an Evo/iphone style phone. This tiny screen and small keyboard and all plastic design is just bad.

Actually if there's a way to get webOS running on an Android phone then that would be awesome... webOS mod for the HTC Evo anyone? hahaha

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Sorry, not interested in webOS. The device doesn't help either - the first Pre wasn't exactly beautiful and this looks like more of the same.

Also, 3.1" screen? My flip phone has bigger screen than that, at FWVGA resolution too...

Status
Not open for further replies.