My Panasonic Viera tv was not used for 2 months (Model number: TH-42AS670D, 2014 model). I face the following issues:
- When I power on the TV it goes to home screen (default).
- If i click any icons on home screen, be it Media player or YouTube, it just freezes. Then screen blanks out after few seconds, and navigates back to the home screen. This happens even if I power ON the TV and do nothing.
- None of the REMOTE buttons work except the power (ON/OFF) button (same happens when i use the android tv app). Same issue with the TV UNIT buttons too..
- Most importantly, if i invoke Main menu on the tv or remote or android app, it doesn't show the menu at all!
- I tried a factory reset using tv volume- and remote Menu buttons, still above issues persists.
- The firmware update does not run from USB, since I already have the latest revision installed.