Parents Get Free Games From Skyrim Baby Name Challenge

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Katzie

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2011
[citation][nom]WhysoBluepandabear[/nom]They need to take that kid away from those idiot parents and give it to a loving family that cannot have children of their own. The kid is going to grow up and approach his parents and be like "Seriously!? Like really?!"[/citation]

So people that are not from America that have weird names you are going to tell this to? Get a grip. Dovahkiin actually sounds cool.

Marthian

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
I don't see why everyone is complaining. If you have gamer friends and family, they will think it's a cool name. And if you have non-gamer friends, they will just think the name is cool and unique and probably not give it much thought.

Of course, it does sound bad, but it's not THAT bad.

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
My best friend married a girl whose last name is MacLeod.. He has 2 nephews, one named Connor and one named Duncan... Im not sure if I'd rather be named Dovahkiin or after the Highlander..

phasmantis

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2007
[citation][nom]WhysoBluepandabear[/nom]They need to take that kid away from those idiot parents and give it to a loving family that cannot have children of their own. The kid is going to grow up and approach his parents and be like "Seriously!? Like really?!"[/citation]

Not overreacting a bit? Yes you are! To be honest... that's a kickass name and I'm jelly.

davidgermain

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2005
I think its brill. its about time the world had better names then david and john and bob. (my name is david btw)
How about the name leaf... in most places apart from northern Europe it would be an odd name...
just because it not your personal preference leave them alone.
and lets face it you neigh sayers will never have the chance to call him over at a bar or place of work in the future, so let them be.

jdenova007

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2011
Cool name... all you haters are probably named Frank, or Steve ... or some other plain name.... it means Dragonborn.... that's bad-ass.... Skyrim or not. Don't we all love Dragons?

gamji

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2011
Every parents want to find a original name for her new baby insted of usual name. As a new father and a fan of skyrim i realy like this baby name. its original, no too weird and fresh. Surely better than some old school parents named her baby Georges!!!! bravo long life to the dragonborn!

gamji

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2011
Every parents want to find a original name for her new baby insted of usual name. As a new father and a fan of skyrim i realy like this baby name. its original, no too weird and fresh. Surely better than some old school parents named her baby Georges!!!! bravo long life to the dragonborn!

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]jdenova007[/nom]Cool name... all you haters are probably named Frank, or Steve ... or some other plain name.... it means Dragonborn.... that's bad-ass.... Skyrim or not. Don't we all love Dragons?[/citation]
That's true, it's all mystical and stuff...i'd probably only have been freaked out if they named this dude pikachu or something :D

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I actually don't mind that name. As others have mentioned, it is a lot better than MoonUnit, Blanket, or Apple. I'd actually be pretty happy to have a name like that. Of course I was taller / tougher than most other kids growing up...

neosporinme

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011
That's an awesome name!, Just think of how many dumb names people use now that you can't even pronounce. When I have a kid in a couple years, I've always wanted to name a boy Link from Zelda!!

THEfog101

Distinguished
May 12, 2010
With a last name like Kellermeyer, his first name isn't that obtuse.

That being said, its an original name. Not a bad thing in this day and age.

G

I feel that these parents are loving and caring. From what I read. People are just idiots. @WhysoBluepandabear You should consider the fact that the parents do love their child, sometimes the most littlest things can achieve something great, for the parents, It seems a personal achievement. From what I can see, Jade Griffith wanted to be unique, not some souless drug addicted mother. There are mothers who are drug addicts. It is unfair to judge her as a negligent mother, as there are mothers who are drug addicted.

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
[citation][nom]phasmantis[/nom]Not overreacting a bit? Yes you are! To be honest... that's a kickass name and I'm jelly.[/citation]

I'm toast. We should get together sometime ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.