Parrot's ASTEROID Connects Your Car to the Web

Status
Not open for further replies.

burnley14

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
A dedicated button on the faceplate activates voice recognition for searching out specific artists or albums without lifting a hand off the steering wheel.

Don't you have to take a hand off the steering wheel to push the button?

pharge

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
It is great to see that many devices are going for 3G. However, the big problem is that most of them are required to sign up their own 3G subscription!
Can I have all my devices linked to one 3G subscription instead of 10 or more different accounts/bill plans?......

If not... I will prefer to have them use WIFI and go through my phone's 3G/4G connection.

Boxa786

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
@Burnley - Changing gears, using most other buttons like wipers, lights etc all require you to take your one hand off the steering wheel which is perfectly legal.

@Pharge - It can connect to your mobile handset via bluetooth and then use your handsets internet connection. Nothing new, but great and about time to have it implemented in to more in car devices.

Same here, about time this was available. dont like the price tag though...

klavis

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010
Considering this is supposed to be a stereo unit there is a surprising lack of details on the webpage about the specifications, such as output levels. This is basic information which is used to compare it to other products. So can't make any judgment about the sound quality which would be produced. However the concept is great and I'm glad that finally there will be an android based stereo rather than stereos focused on the ipod.

My next installation will probably not include a stereo unit at all, but rather a modification of my own. It's gotten to the point, if you know what you are doing, you don't need a stereo unit, and you get create something better and cheaper than what is offered.

Status
Not open for further replies.