Password no longer working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prejudices

Honorable
Apr 5, 2013
Yesterday, I decided to use a password for my unlock screen. I settled for 'prejudices' as it was the name of the book I was currently reading. I of course was asked to confirm it, and used to unlock the screen twice that very day. Curiously enough, however, the input was both wrong the first time. The third time however, it no longer worked at all. After a hundred or so tries, I finally managed to unlock my phone; now I had to do the same thing for the change password screen until finally I could change my unlock screen settings.

I decided to re-input the password, and make sure I typed it in precisely the correct manner, button by button, slowly. 'Prejudices'. Yet, the same thing happened again: the first two times of logging in, I failed in only the first attempt; the third time I failed to get in at all. I have yet to come in this time, and have tried nearly a hundred times now. I am not getting the 'forgot password' screen. What the hell is happening? Is the word 'prejudices' glitched or something?

Solution
Could be a software glitch. I've never heard of a single word doing this before. Did you have a password set before? And if so did it do the same thing?

Personally I use a pattern lock. They're more secure, and take less time to unlock your phone.

I'd recommend setting one of those up instead. Alternatively, you could try doing a factory reset to see if it clears up the glitching.

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
Could be a software glitch. I've never heard of a single word doing this before. Did you have a password set before? And if so did it do the same thing?

Personally I use a pattern lock. They're more secure, and take less time to unlock your phone.

I'd recommend setting one of those up instead. Alternatively, you could try doing a factory reset to see if it clears up the glitching.

Solution

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
Might be smart to back anything you need to save up first. Copy it to the SD card, remove the SD card, then do the following. Once you're done you can put it back in the phone.

Holding the volume up + power button for approximately 30 seconds (when the phone is off) should bring up a very plain looking menu. This is called the HBOOT menu and is the smartphone equivalent of a computers BIOS.

Once you have the HBOOT menu open, navigate by using the volume keys to go up and down and the power button to make selections.

Find the option for factory reset and confirm that you want to do that.

It should only take about 10 minutes once you confirm your selection, so let me know how you get on.

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
Not a problem. I'm glad you got it sorted out. I'd still recommend setting a pattern lock. One tip is to use more than one finger when you make it.

Ie, if you touch the top right circle with one finger, and then the bottom left circle with another, it will skip the one in the middle. This creates an almost impossible to guess pattern.

Would you like me to close this thread for you now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS