Patent Deflection: Motoroogle About Facebook, Amazon

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

newbie_mcnoob

Distinguished
May 6, 2009
An important fact people are overlooking is Motorola Mobility isn't just mobile phones and tablets. It also includes all the video infrastructure hardware like cable set-top boxes used by QAM (Comcast, Cox, and other cable companies) and IP-based (Verizon Fios) TV providers, cable modems, and other commercial cable headend equipment.
Google has a huge opportunity to change the cable TV landscape, in addition to mobile phones.

aaron88_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
[citation][nom]afrobacon[/nom]This is probably a good time to buy some Gstock.[/citation]
Googles stock went down after this announcement. It could be some brilliant plan, or it could be a horrible idea that will hurt them later on.

I just hope all Motorolla phones are updated to the latest Android version to pressure other manufacturers to not dilly dally with the updates. People shouldn't have to root their phones just to get an update.

lorddelta

Distinguished
May 23, 2010
Get rid of software patents, computer empire problem solved.

Its true, there's no counter argument that's also pro-capitalist. Remember the wine monopolies? It ain't just free beer formulas, its history.

captaincharisma

Distinguished
the only ammo tech companies have these days are patents. and all the people talking do forget about moto's set top box devices which i believe is bigger than there mobile phone business. but correct me if i am wrong

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
[citation][nom]K-zon[/nom]And what any "Patent Deflection" might have to do with it.[/citation]

OMG!!! A coherent sentence from KZON. This is a sign of the apocalypse, the machines are becoming sentient...

Seriously though, I kind of look forward to reading these post's and speaking them back to myself using different accent's trying to figure out where this guy could possibly be from (india and china don't seem to work)

Status
Not open for further replies.