Pavillion dv5000 trys to start but only gets fan for short time then fan stops and all blue lights remain on and cannot turn o

PatMaddox

Estimable
Oct 17, 2015
When trying to start my pavilion dv5000 I have removed the battery, done an hard reboot, restated memory cards and replaced the 2032 battery. I get sounds of fan for a second or two and the blue lights and then fan stops, I indicate blue light for Hard Drive but no sounds ands lights are all solid. Then using switch attempt shutdown must hold for hard shutdown. Any suggestions

Hi,

Do still see lights on the laptop or from the AC adapter? If you do try a hard reset, remove the battery and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds. Plug just the AC adapter then power it on, if it does boot up you can connect the battery as well. If it doesn't boot up try and reseat the RAM, remove them all then put them back in after couple of seconds making sure that they are well seated. Lastly, if there are lights on the laptop and the fan is spinning connect an external monitor and see if you'll get any display from it because if you do it means it's the display or the cable that connects it to the motherboard but it doesn't show any display that means that motherboard is faulty and replacement if the only option.

TRENDING THREADS