Question PC 5.1 Surround Sound: Right speaker sound playing out of left speaker

Apr 13, 2019
Hello,

Just installed a SounderBlaster Audigy FX, updated the drivers. Using logitech 5.1 surround sound speakers that are at least 10 years old, but worked fine with my old computer a few months ago after troubleshooting. I've made sure all the jacks are in the right slots. The basic problem is that when testing the speakers, the sound comes out of all speakers normally, except when testing the right speaker it is the left speaker that plays sound. The left speaker works normally (so it plays sound when testing left speaker AND right speaker).

I'm by no means a sound expert and this set of speakers is the only one I've had, so I'm not sure if there's variability in the way their feeds work, so I'll outline how mine work. The sound card sends 1) Center/Subwoofer 2)Rear and 3) Front to right speaker. Right speaker connects to subwoofer. Subwoofer connects to center, left front, right rear, and left rear speakers. It's almost like the right speaker signal isn't "stopping" at the right speaker and carries on to the other front speaker.

Thanks

Apr 13, 2019
To add some more detail, when I use my Sound Blaster control panel to turn the volume down on my left front speak and then test the speakers, the left front speaker makes no sound during its test, but on the right front speakers test the sound is still coming from the left front speaker.