pc and tv audio

toby843

Commendable
Jan 19, 2017
So I live on a military base and am in just one room so I have limited space and all my tech stuff is on one desk. I'd like to have a really good sounding system that plays my TV and Blu-ray etc but also my PC. Currently I have some cheap pc speakers and a cheap soundbar for my tv but I'd rather have one higher end sound solution that would play both. Anyone know how that would go? Maybe a sound card for my pc then something like an amp or similar that both my tv and pc plug into then speakers from the amp? I dunno. Anyone doing this?

Solution
What type of PC do you have (desktop or laptop) and which types of audio output solutions it has (HDMI, optical,stereo, Bluetooth,etc)?

What size of speakers could you house?
Do you prefer an amp or AV receiver?

Think about this type of setup:
Denon AVR-S540BT (built-in Bluetooth) AV receiver with a pair of Klipsch RP-160M Bookshelf speakers and a JBL Arena Sub 100P powered subwoofer.

The Denon AVR-S540BT has several type of inputs (HDMI, optical, stereo, and Bluetooth) to connect pretty much any device.
Is a 5.2 system, so you could attach two front, two surround and one center speakers and up to two subs.

jojesa

Distinguished
What type of PC do you have (desktop or laptop) and which types of audio output solutions it has (HDMI, optical,stereo, Bluetooth,etc)?

What size of speakers could you house?
Do you prefer an amp or AV receiver?

Think about this type of setup:
Denon AVR-S540BT (built-in Bluetooth) AV receiver with a pair of Klipsch RP-160M Bookshelf speakers and a JBL Arena Sub 100P powered subwoofer.

The Denon AVR-S540BT has several type of inputs (HDMI, optical, stereo, and Bluetooth) to connect pretty much any device.
Is a 5.2 system, so you could attach two front, two surround and one center speakers and up to two subs.

Solution
If you aren't looking to do surround sound then a pair of good speakers would work well.
Connect the PC and other sources to the TV with HDMI.
The TV audio output could go directly to powered speakers with a built in DAC or a separate DAC and powered speakers or a DAC/amp and passive speakers or separate DAC and amp and speakers. Depends on your budget. Check the PX to see if they have any deals to offer.

jay.wooster

Great
Sep 27, 2018
Better late than never mate but i have the same issue and use Sennheiser RS185 Headphones through the optical jack on the motherboard of my PC. Great quality sound, just for me !!!

I watch all my TV through my PC :)