Solved! PC build to watch 4k videos, and normal web surfing.

jatin1990

Estimable
Jun 28, 2014
Hello all, I just bought a 55inch 4k 60 Hz UHD TV. Which I am hooking up with my mcbook air for now. But I realized I can't plug it in every time I have to see TV, due to wear tear reasons, and that's my work macbook so sometimes I need to work and watch TV. So can anybody please suggest me a cheap but good PC build so that I can connect it to my TV, connect to my home wifi and stream videos online. I don't need blue ray player I just want to stream every content online through home wifi(if that's possible)

P.S: No gaming requirements but normal web-surfing is required which includes avoiding those annoying ads by ad-blocker.

Solution
You don't need much at all to do that. This is just the first thing that came up in a google search (just an example. I don't know this box to recommend it). Not really a "PC" but if you want cheap 4k video there are many things like this. This is android but you can find windows also...

jatin1990

Estimable
Jun 28, 2014

Thanks! That's new thing I came across today. Will the one with windows behaves exactly like like windows PC i.e. can I surf the web with ad-blocker etc in the browser?

ThatVietGuy

Distinguished

Any super low-end build will cost more than $200 unfortunately using new hardware.

You can consider using Chromecast to stream from your laptop to the TV.

wait a few weeks for black friday and cyber monday sales. see if there a cheap windows laptop for sale. then add some memory to it. aother thing to look at is the intel noc pc. all you need is a storage drive and then install windows 10 from windows installer usb stick. leave it unregistered.